To help ensure the safety and security of our students, CCSD has implemented a content filtering application called GoGuardian, that will block students from accessing dangerous or inappropriate websites when they are logged into a Chromebook or Chrome browser on Windows or Mac OS computers.
More information can be found in the GoGuardian Parent Information document (Google Doc).
GoGuardian Parent Information
The GoGuardian filter is deployed to the students’ nv.ccsd.net user accounts. It will be applied whenever a student logs in to Chrome OS or the Chrome browser with his or her nv.ccsd.net account, regardless of whether the device was issued by CCSD. GoGuardian will NOT filter content or impact the browsing experience of non-CCSD accounts (private Gmail accounts, etc.). Through the use of this tool, we hope to:
- Encourage safer practices and responsible browsing habits
- Help protect students against harmful and inappropriate online material
- Help students stay “scholarly” and more focused when learning online
- Help assess students’ progress towards class assignments
- Facilitate communication between teachers and students during class time